Town of Starkey House Fire Started In Chimney

On 1/26/13 at 10:13, Yates County Sheriff's Deputies responded with Dundee Fire Department to a home on Old Lake Road in the Town of Starkey to a report of a house fire. Mutual Aid from Dundee Ambulance, Medic-55, Tyrone Fire Department, Montour Fire Department and Watkins Glen Fire Department also responded to the scene. The fire was contained to the area of the house where a chimney from a wood stove went through the wall and exited the structure. A combination of an immediate call to E-911 and the timely response from the fire departments saved the home. The cause of the fire was determined to have started by a chimney fire that combusted the exterior wall. There were no injuries and minimal damage to ther residence was sustained.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
48°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds