Grease Fire in Manchester

On 02/21/13 at or about 5:56 PM Ontario County Sheriffs Office responded to the report of a structure fire at State Route 96, in the Town of Manchester. The sole occupant. Robert T. Rose, was able to exit the residence without injury, however he was transported to Clifton Springs Hospital by Shortsville Ambulance for a check over. The fire appears to have started while Mr. Rose was cooking on the stove from grease. Manchester, Shortsville, and Clifton Springs Fire Department responded to the scene and were able to put the tire out, however there was significant damage to the residence. The American Red Cross was contacted for assistance. State Route 96 between County Road 7 and State Route 21 was closed for about an hour. At this time there is nothing suspicious about the fire but it is still under investigation.

Comments
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
69°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds