Farmington House Fire Started After Homeowner Heated Frozen Pipes

A scary and cold night for Farmington grandparents and their 5-year old grandson. Around 6:30 Saturday night, Ontario County Sheriff's Deputies along with Farmington Town Fire and Victor-Farmington Ambulance responded to a home on Sheldon Street in Farmington for a reported house fire. The homeowner, 53-year old Patrick Burson, said that he had put the fire out, which originated in a wall. After a thorough search, it was discovered that smoke and heat was still coming from the wall. Firefighters worked to make sure the fire had been put out. Deputies determined that Mr. Burson had been heating a frozen water pipe in the laundry room with a butane torch, which caused the wall to catch fire. Mr. Burson and his wife and grandson were able to return inside the home for the rest of the evening.

More Police Beat News here.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
46°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds