A faulty fireplace is now being blamed for the blaze. A spark worked it's way into a wall behind the fireplace and continued to grow.
Frigid temperatures last evening made it difficult to put out a fire on Lansing Street in Auburn. Assistant Auburn Fire Chief Ed Sherman tells us the Sunday evening blaze was taken care of after some difficulty.
Nobody in the home was hurt, as the two people living there got out in time. Sherman says the house was not totally destroyed, but right now is not livable.