Auburn Blaze Started in Fireplace.

1PM UPDATE..

 

A faulty fireplace is now being blamed for the blaze. A spark worked it's way into a wall behind the fireplace and continued to grow.

 

 

 

Frigid temperatures last evening made it difficult to put out a fire on Lansing Street in Auburn. Assistant Auburn Fire Chief Ed Sherman tells us the Sunday evening blaze was taken care of after some difficulty.

 




Nobody in the home was hurt, as the two people living there got out in time. Sherman says the house was not totally destroyed, but right now is not livable.

 




The cause of the fire is under investigation.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
36°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds