The Local Development Corporation selected a nano brewery as the first business for Geneva’s Downtown Race for the Space, submitted by Victor Pultinas and Jenna LaVita. Dave Linger, Chair of the Local Development Corporation, said: “The LDC wishes to thank all of our partners in offering incentives to this exciting new business. Jenna and Victor have a unique business concept. We found their enthusiasm for their business concept to be infectious! The LDC looks forward to welcoming another new business to Geneva's downtown."
The nano brewery will brew small batch beers influenced by community input. Similar to a German beer garden, they will offer sausages, beer tastings comparing local beers to the best beers in the world, as well as glass growlers to go.
Pultinas and LaVita state in the business plan: “We will make sure this business is educational, sustainable and affordable with the motivation of having great beer and access to it in a simple, earth friendly manner. Our goal is to open a business that is welcoming to everyone in Geneva regardless of race, class or ethnicity. As we have seen with wine, this kind of beverage often brings people together and opens up dialogue, so by having a spectrum of proves to choose from, we hope to intermingle the beer drinking classes which normally would never meet.”
The winning package includes:
1. Storefront Space at 16 E. Castle St. with Maryak Properties, LLC
• One year free rent
2. Advertising and Articles with the Finger Lakes Times
3. Architectural Services for Storefront Fit Out by Sky High Architecture
4. Store Fit Out & Signage Materials by Local Development Corporation
5. Signage Concept Assistance by InSite: Architecture
6. Business Guidance by Community Business Advantage
7. Marketing Guidance by Hobart and William Smith Communications Department 8. One Year Membership with the Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce
Office of Neighborhood Initiatives
CITY HALL- 47 CASTLE STREET- GENEVA, NEW YORK 14456 (315) 828-6585 - email@example.com - www.geneva.ny.us
The business will sign a minimum three year lease; pay any utilities or other related occupancy costs; successfully obtain funding or financing within 60 days of award notification; open within four months of award notice; and work collaboratively with the LDC within the first year.