Middlesex, Potter, and Naples firefighters were called to battle a house fire shortly before 8 o'clock last night.
When they arrived at Charles King’s residence on State Route 245, it was fully engulfed. A dark and grey plume of smoke eminating from the home could be seen for miles in the Middlesex Valley.
The fire was brought under control within minutes but damage had already been done and the house was completely destroyed. A preliminary investigation points at an unattended kerosene heater as the cause.
No one was home when the fire broke out and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze.