Hair Dryer Sets Home on Fire in Potter

A house fire Friday afternoon is said to have been caused by a hair dryer.  Around four in the afternoon Yates County Sheriff's, Potter, Penn Yan, Benton-Bellona, Branchport-Keuka Park Fire Departments and Middlesex Ambulance responded to Ingram Road in the Town of Potter. 

According to reports, witnesses and neighbors who saw the smoke tried to extinguish the blaze but were unable to do so. 

When police and fire crews arrived the south end of the single-story home was engulfed in flames. 

No family members were home at the time of the fire, and all pets are located and safe. 

Comments
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
57°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds