Grill Caused Palmyra Fire

Investigators say a grill was responsible for a Friday fire in Palmyra that forced two families from their homes.  The fire broke out on Fayette Street at about six o'clock Friday night.  The grill caused part of an addition to the house to catch fire.  It took firefighters from Palmyra, Macedon, Port Gibson and Williamson an hour and a half to get the fire completely under control.  There was damage to the addition and some smoke and water damage in the main part of the home.  The Red Cross is helping the two families.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
50°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds